Chicken Vegetable Casserole
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 7 oz green beans, bite sized
- 1/2 med onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut in chunks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mozzarella, freshly grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, divided into 3
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil or bacon drippings for drizzling on vegetables
- Cook bacon, reserve drippings.
- In a small bowl, mix onion powder and garlic powder.
- Drizzle vegetables with olive oil or bacon drippings. Season vegetables. Set aside.
- In a skillet, melt butter and brown chicken.
- Add seasoned vegetables and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour heavy cream, chunks of cream cheese, and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese.
- Stir until cream cheese has melted.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 450°F preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove casserole and top with chopped bacon then finish off with the last 1/3 cup parmesan cheese.
- Continue baking for 5 minutes or until cheese is slightly golden.