- 7 ounces plain or toasted sugar (1 cup; 195g)
- 2 ounces Dutch cocoa powder, such as Cacao Barry Extra Brute (about 2/3 cup, spooned; 55g); see note
- 1/4 teaspoon (1g) Diamond Crystal kosher salt; for table salt, use about half as much by volume or the same weight
- 32 ounces milk, any percentage will do (4 cups; 910g)
- 6 ounces heavy cream (3/4 cup; 170g)
- 12 ounces unsalted butter (about 3 sticks; 340g), softened to about 70°F (21°C)
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!