Arugula, Beet, Goat Feta and Quinoa Salad
Great Easy Summer Vegetarian Salad
- 6 cups Arugula
- 3/4 cup dry Quinoa, cooked according to directions and cooled
- 6 to 8 beets (cooked in oven for 30 to 40 minutes @ 350 degrees and cooled) To make it even easier, you can buy cooked beets in most produce sections.
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- Two Tbs Goat Feta Cheese
- 1/3 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- One TBS Organic Agave/Stevia Blend (like Whole Earth's) or Maple Syrup/Organic Agave
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Cook Quinoa and beets and set aside to cool. Either make in the AM or the night before.
- Put the Quinoa, the red onion and the arugula in a large mix bowl.
- Take the dressing ingredients and blend in a Blender or high speed food processor. Pour the dressing over the ingredients in the large bowl.
- Mix and arrange on a plate, arrange diced beets over the top and then put the walnuts and goat cheese over the top of the salad and serve.