Low Carb Yeast Bread
- This bread is amazing.
- Low Carb Yeast Bread
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar - I actually used Sugar free Maple Syrup and it worked.
- 1 package of yeast (8g) I used 3 teaspoons
- Proof the yeast
- 1 cup Vital Wheat Gluten
- ½ almond flour
- ½ cup lupin flour
- ¼ cup flax meal or psyllium husk
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- Mix together.
- Mix dry ingredients into yeast, add water and oil. Mix well, knead with your hands about 2 min. Set to proof in an oiled bowl for 30 minutes. Shape into a loaf and set in a greased loaf pan or shape into desired shape and set on a baking sheet. Set to proof another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350, bake for about 30 to 45 min until it makes a hollow sound when tapped.
- Spread a bit of butter over the top crust and cool on a rack. I doubled, and you can't see all of them, but divided the dough in half one went into loaf pan and Then I made 6 Hamburger buns. Net Carbs are 1.3 per slice. Hamburger buns are 3.4 net carbs