Old Fashioned Goulash! (heard about from Lindsay from GR. from (My Incredible Recipes.com)
- 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups onion, diced
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 (15 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- HALF RECIPE
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup dice onion
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella For Vegan use vegan mozzarella shreds
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar For Vegan use Vegan cheddar shreds such as So Delicious, or Follow your Heart
- In a large skillet over medium high heat; sauté meat until half cooked. (If making vegan start with step 2)
- Add garlic, and onions continue cooking and stirring until meat is fully cooked.
- Add water, broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Lower heat to medium or medium low and cover; allow to cook for 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add uncooked elbow macaroni and stir well to combine. (If using meat replacer add now.)
- Cover again and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Once cooked remove the bay leaves.
- Add only the cheddar cheese; stir to combine and melt.
- Add Mozzarella right before serving.