Beef, turkey, and breadcrumb meatballs
Stretches meat much further than the usual recipe
- ¾ c hot water
- 1 tsp bouillon
- 1 c whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 c oatmeal
- 3 Tbl ground flax seed
- 2 Tbl dried onions
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb ground beef
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Heat the water and add the breadcrumbs; allow to soak several minutes.
- Add the other ingredients except the meat. Stir well and add mor breadcrumbs or oatmeal if it’s too wet.
- Add the meat, breaking into small pieces as you put it in the bowl. Mix well with your hands.
- Form into loaves or meatballs and place on baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs 20 mins; bake loaves about 35 or until firm and starting to brown.
- The mix minus the meat makes a decent falafel-type patty. Form into 2” disks and bake 20-25 mins, turning once.