Hamburger or Hot Dog Buns
- 2 tablespoons (25g) sugar
- 2 packets active dry yeast or 4 1/2 teaspoons (14g) instant yeast
- 1/2 cup (120g) warm water (105°F to 115°F)
- 2 cups (488g) warm milk (105°F to 115°F)
- 2 tablespoons (27g) vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 to 7 1/2 cups (720g to 900g) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour*
- egg wash: 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon (15g) cold water
- sesame, poppy or caraway seeds or coarse salt, optional
- *See "tips" below.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!