Royal Round Steak
The original Corck pot Collection
- 1 to 2 pounds round steak or stew meat cubes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) dry onion soup mix *** or see notes
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- Hot cooked rice or cooked egg noodles
- HALF RECIPE serves 2
- 8 ounces 1 pound round steak or stew meat cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 an envelope (1/2 oz.) dry onion soup mix **** Or see notes
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- hot cooked rice or egg noodles
- Trim round steak and cut into cubes. (Partially freeze meat for easier cutting).
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Brown meat on all sides.
- Combine dry soup mix and canned soup in mixing bowl. Pour into 4 quart crock pot slow cooker. Add browned meat. Cover; cook on high 6-7 hours.
- To serve, spoon over prepared rice or egg noodles.
- I added 1/2 cup sour cream to this at the end. but it is not necessary if you don't like sour cream.
- **** you can make the recipe below and use half of it for the half recipe.
- *** if you don't have onion soup mix or want to control the sodium etc. you can make your own. very easily.