Recipe by Josie Smythe
- 2/3 cup black-eyed peas
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1T coconut oil
- 2-3 diced pickled jalapenos
- 3-4 diced chipotles
- 1T chipotle/adobo sauce
- 1T hot pepper paste
- 1-2T Sriracha
- 3T rice seasoning
- 1T Mediterranean seasoning
- 1T Italian seasoning
- 1t Paprika
- Rinse black-eyed peas & drain.
- Rinse rice & drain in colander.
- Mix up coconut oil, peppers, hot sauces & spices in bowl.
- Add all the ingredients to pot & stir.
- Cook on Manual/High for 28 minutes; 20 min NPR.
- Open pot & fluff rice.
- Put lid back on & let rice rest 20 mins before serving.
- * Adjust seasonings to suit your tastes. (we like our rice SPICY!)
- * I used:
- Brown Basmati Rice from Trader Joes
- Madrecita Mexican Style Rice Seasoning
- Sadaf Mediterranean Seasoning
- La Costena Green Pickled Jalapenos
- La Costena Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- Tukas Hot Pepper Paste