One (Instant) Pot Penne Pasta
Servings: Serves: 4-6
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into bite sized slices
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ lb penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (10 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, undrained
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Add sausage, onions, garlic, and mushrooms to Instant Pot. Saute until there are brown bits on the bottom of pot.
- Deglaze pot with chicken stock.
- Add in penne pasta, roasted red peppers, along with the liquid from the jar and the spinach.
- Stir to combine. Cover and cook 7-9 minutes (or half the time listed on the package of the pasta) high pressure, quick release. Remove lid, add cheeses. stir until melted and serve.