Skinnytaste American style cheesy beef goulash and macaroni
Servings: 6, 1.5 cup servings
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1¼ teaspoons sweet paprika
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, whole wheat
- ¾ c shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Press the sauté button on electric pressure cooker. When hot add the oil and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the beef, season with the paprika and salt, and brown the meat, using a wooden spoon to break it into small pieces as it cooks for 3-4 minutes.
- At the bell pepper, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and softened, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, broth, and Bayleaf. Stir in the macaroni.
- Seal and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Quick release so the pasta stops cooking, then open when the pressure is released. Discard the Bayleaf. Top the dish with the cheddar cheese, cover, and let sit until the cheese has melted. Garnish with parsley if desired and serve.
- Cal 395
- Fat 14.5
- Carb 39
- Fiber 6.5
- Protein 23
- Sugar 8