Bacon Mushroom Sauce
- 1/2 lb bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice bacon into small pieces and fry in a large pan over medium high heat until bacon is crispy.
- Set bacon aside leaving the grease in the pan.
- Drain all but about 2 tbsp grease.
- Add garlic and onion, sauté for about 1 minute over med/high.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 10 minutes or until brown and tender.
- Add in the cheese, heavy whipping cream, cooked bacon, salt and pepper to taste to the pan and mix together and cook over medium heat until sauce thickens.