- 1 1/2 pounds fresh sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, plus 1/2 cup (2 1/2 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup (4 2/3 ounces) plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- INSTRUCTIONSSERVES 4 AS LIGHT ENTRÉE; 6 AS AN APPETIZER:
- We prefer whole milk in this recipe, but 1 or 2 percent low-fat milk may be substituted. Do not substitute frozen cherries for the fresh cherries.
Want your own copy of the complete recipe? Sign up to copy any recipe from any website with a click.