- 1 1/2 pounds fresh sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, plus 1/2 cup (2 1/2 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup (4 2/3 ounces) plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- INSTRUCTIONSSERVES 4 AS LIGHT ENTRÉE; 6 AS AN APPETIZER:
- We prefer whole milk in this recipe, but 1 or 2 percent low-fat milk may be substituted. Do not substitute frozen cherries for the fresh cherries.
Sign up to create your own recipe box. Copy any recipe from any website with a click. You'll then have the complete recipe in your recipe box.