- subheading: To soak the dried fruits:
- Dried fruit: I used currants, raisins, cranberries, and dried cherries
- Light rum: You could also use your favorite fruit juice here instead.
- Hot water
- subheading: For the bread:
- Bread flour: I prefer using bread flour for this recipe. You could also use All Purpose or Whole Wheat Flour. Bread flour has more protein content compared to other flours which helps give it more rise.
- Water: It is best to use good, filtered water here.
- Active Sourdough Starter: You want your starter to be very bubbly and active.
- Salt: A little bit of sea salt makes a big impact in this recipe to balance out the sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract
- Butter: You’ll want your butter at room temperature and divided into 1 Tbsp pieces.
- Candied orange peel, diced
- subheading: Tools you may need:
- Panettone mold
- Stand Mixer with a dough hook attachment
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!