Best Ever Turkey Meatloaf (biggest loser)
Servings: 8 (4oz. each) per biggest loser calculations
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 11/4 cups chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds Lean Ground Turkey
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- HALF RECIPE
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- scant 3/4 cup onion or less to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- scant 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; cool 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, egg white 1/2 cup ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to turkey mixture; mix well. Press into 8 x 4-inch loaf pan. mix remaining 1/3 cup ketchup with brown sugar and ground mustard and spread over top. the last 15 minutes of baking time.
- Bake 11/2 hours or until the internal temperature of meatloaf is well-done, 165ºF. as measured by a meat thermometer. Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before slicing.
- This is really good, but I would make the traditional ketchup topper for meatloaf. 1/3 cup ketchup, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon dry ground mustard.
- Nutritional information:
- Per serving: 310 calories, 25 g protein, 19 g carbohydrates, 14 g fat, 130 mg cholesterol, 630 mg sodium