Daniel Fast Soup That Will Warm You Up!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups water or Vegetable Broth
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes, unpeeled, unseeded
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach or ½ cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 1 ½ teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onions, carrots, and celery until vegetables are softened. Stir in garlic, and cook for another minute, stirring constantly so garlic doesn’t burn.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!