Misoyaki Eggplant and Tofu
- This Misoyaki Eggplant & Tofu recipe is easy and perfect for a delicious weeknight meal!
- After sharing my unagi eggplant recipe, I've gotten several requests for more eggplant recipes so today I'm going to share with you another one of my favourite ways to cook up eggplant. Say hello to Misoyaki Eggplant and Tofu! This quick and easy miso eggplant tofu stir fry is full of sweet and salty flavour and with the addition of the tofu, makes it satisfying enough a complete meal!
- Eggplant: I love Japanese eggplant for it's mild sweetness and because it tends to not have as many seeds. However, it's quite difficult to find it North America so I like to use Chinese eggplants instead. Of course, you can use your favourite variety of eggplant.
- Medium firm tofu: You'll find most recipes recommending to use firm or extra firm tofu, however I like to use traditional/medium firm tofu because the inside stays moist, soft and almost fluffy! Feel free to use firm or extra firm tofu, though.
- Potato starch: dusting the tofu with potato starch helps achieve that beautiful golden crispy exterior.
- Sake: Can be omitted if you can not consume alcohol, however please note that the flavour will change slightly.
- Vegan Kombu Mentsuyu: Can be substituted with soy sauce.
- Aji-mirin: Again, can be omitted with you can not consume alcohol. Replace with water and a touch more sugar.
- Miso paste: I like to use yellow or red miso for this recipe because of its stronger flavour compared to white miso.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!