Servings: Makes 2 cups
- 1/4 c of of melted butter (half stick)
- 1 1/3 cup of sugar
- 3/4 c fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 3 large eggs and 1 yoke
- Combine butter and sugar. Stir in lemon juice and eggs+yoke and lemon peel.
- Pour into jars (do not over fill) put lids on finger tight.
- Put two cups of water in inner pan. Place Jars on Trivet or steam basket.
- Close and lock lid and close the vent. Manual, Hi, 9 minutes.
- When completed, wait 10 minutes. Release steam, carefully remove jars, placing on trivets or pot holders (not directly on counters).
- Carefully open jars and stir well. Place lids back on and cool 20 min and then refrigerate 4 hours.
- Serve on scones, cakes, cheesecake, yogurt. One batch makes two cups. **not meant to be shelf stable**
- Serve on scones, cheesecake, yogurt, etc.