Jaisalmeri Chane/Kale Chane Ki Kadhi/Black Chickpeas in Yogurt Gravy
- Measuring cup used: 1 Cup = 250ml:
- Black Chickpeas/Dried Kala Chana – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1 Tbsp.
- Plain yogurt – 1&1/2 cup(use slightly sour yogurt for the best taste)
- Asafoetida/Hing – 1/8 Tsp.
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 Tsp.
- Red chilli powder – 1&1/2 Tsp.(You can add more as per desired spiciness)
- Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 Tbsp.
- Roasted coriander powder – 1/2 Tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 Tsp.
- Besan/Gram flour/Chickpea flour – 3 Tbsp.
- Corinader leaves/Cilantro(finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Amchur/Dry Mango powder – 1/2 Tsp.(optional ingredient to be added, if the yogurt is not sour)
- Salt – as needed(approximately 1&1/2 Tsp.)
- Garam masala powder – 1 Tsp.(I used MTR Garam Masala powder) The original recipe uses 1 Tsp. Garam masala powder but I reduced the quantity(I used only 1/3 Tsp.). I personally experience burning sensation in the stomach whenever I eat foods with a lot of Garam Masala. You can add more as per your choice.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!