- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 1 lb chorizo
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- saffron or turmeric (up to 2 tsp)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt (if using unsalted broth)
- 1 can white beans, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Brown chicken, chorizo, and onion in oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until broth is absorbed, about 30 mind.
- You will need a large lidded pan.
- Great cooked over a campfire.