Roasted Root Vegetables
- 3 med beets
- 1 onion
- 3 to 4 carrots
- 3 to 4 parsnips
- 1 to 2 sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Montreal steak seasoning
- Opt: four links of bratwurst or Italian sausage
- Chop all vegetables into 1" pieces.
- Toss in baking pan with olive oil and seasoning.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Stir and bake another 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, stir, add sausages (if using), and bake another 20 minutes or so until all is cooked.
- Use whatever proportions you like.
- If your diet accomodates it, white potatoes are good, too.