German Potato Soup (Kartoffelsuppe)
- 1 kg potatoes
- one large leek
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 of a celery root
- one bunch of your favorite greens (dill, parsley)
- 6–7 cups of chicken broth
- 4–5 slices of thick cut bacon
- bacon bat from the cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup of cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- German Wieners or a fairly neutral sausage. The flavor of the sausage shouldn’t compete with the soup.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!