Sweet and Spicy Asian Chicken over Steamed Veggies
- 2 Tablespoons Safflower Oil
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - Cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar - Packed
- 1/2 Cup Less-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Less-Sodium Teriyaki Sauce or Marinade
- 1/4 Cup Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Ginger (Or 2 Tablespoons fresh, peeled and grated)
- 1 Package Confetti Style Steam-In-Bag Vegetables (They just look shredded)
- 1 Package Steam-In-Bag Vegetable Mix - your choice
- Combine soy, teriyaki, sriracha, and ginger and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the oil over medium high heat until shimmering, add chicken and cook until edges start to brown.
- Add brown sugar and soy sauce mixture and stir until the chicken is coated. Meanwhile, prep your veggies.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce begins to thicken. About 10 minutes. Then stir constantly until the sauce becomes a thick, sticky, almost crusty coat over the chicken.
- Serve immediately over a pile of vegetables and enjoy!
- Top with green onion for an extra dose of fresh flavor.