- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheese (2 to 4 oz.)
- 1 baked pie crust (9-inch, deep-dish size if frozen)
- 1/2 to 1 cup filling (any cooked foods, not raw)
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk (or half-and-half)
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves OR other herb
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Bake your pie shell first to avoid a soggy crust.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. SPREAD cheese evenly in bottom of pie shell.
- TOP with filling in an even layer. Pieces should be cut fairly small and drained well.
- BEAT eggs, milk, thyme and salt in medium bowl until blended. Carefully POUR over filling in pie shell.
- BAKE in center of 375°F oven until center is almost set but jiggles slightly when dish is gently shaken and knife inserted near center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. (Cheese fillings: Quiche fillings containing cheese may continue to test “wet” even after they are done. Tap or gently shake the dish; remove quiche from oven when the center is almost set but still jiggles a bit.)
- LET STAND 5 minutes.