Instant Pot Kidney Beans
~by Josie Smythe
- 1 lb dry Red Kidney Beans
- 4 cups broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 3-4 Bay Leaves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to the pot; Stir.
- Put lid on with vent in Sealed position.
- Pressure Cook on High Pressure 40 mins;
- 20 min Natural Pressure Release.
- Remove lid; take out bay leaves, stir & taste.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- *I used homemade ham broth but you can use any broth you want.
- *You can use whatever seasoning you prefer.
- *If beans aren't as soft as you'd like just close the pot & cook for a few more minutes.
- *If you want sausage in the beans: Saute sliced sausage first; add some of the broth & scrape the bottom of the pot to remove any stuck on food bits to avoid a Burn msg; then add the remaining ingredients & cook as directed.