Jerk Pork, Turkey, or Tofu Skillet Dinner
- 1/2c dry quinoa or rice
- 1-2 sweet potatoes, diced into 1cm cubes
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Olive oil
- 1 lb pork loin, pork tenderloin, or turkey breast, or tofu, cut into large cubes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 large can pineapple chunks or 1 cored pineapple cut into large cubes
- Jerk marinade
- 5oz baby spinach
- First, prepare the quinoa or rice. (Quinoa: boil 1/2 c quinoa, 3/4 c water, and 1/8 tsp salt for 12 minutes, covered. Remove from heat and let stand 5 mins.)
- Dice the sweet potatoes and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add cubed meat. Brown the meat for 5-6 minutes until almost cooked, then add jerk marinade to taste. Cook until meat is done and sauce has reduced to a nice glaze. Remove meat from pan and set aside.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, and pineapple (with a couple tablespoons of pineapple juice) to the pan you cooked the meat in. Cook until crisp-tender. Add a little more jerk sauce to glaze.
- Return the meat to the pan and heat through.
- To assemble the bowls, put a couple handfuls of spinach in the bottom of the bowl. Add hot quinoa or rice - this will start to wilt the spinach. Top with the meat and vegetables.
- Alternatively, you can pan fry all the ingredients together at the end instead of layering in a bowl.