Vegan Sweet Potato Buns
- Vegan Sweet Potato Buns
- by Two Green Peas
- Prep Time: approx. 2.5 to 3hr total (45 min active)
- Cook Time: 15min
- Ingredients (16 buns)
- subheading: for the sponge:
- 2 ¼ tsp dry active yeast (equivalent to 1 package)
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- subheading: for the dough:
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 4 ½ tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 ½ to 2 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- Peel and cube 1 medium sweet potato. Boil in water with a pinch of salt until potato is fork tender. Mash and let cool.
- While sweet potato is boiling make the “sponge” - Combine yeast, warm water and flour in a small bowl (if you are using a standmixer use the mixer bowl for this). Lightly whisk to combine, cover and let sit for approximately 20 minutes until foamed up with little bubbles, letting you know the yeast is ALIVE!
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!