Ang ku kueh
- Ang Ku kueh
- 300gm glutanious flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour (a must)
- 200gm sweet potatoes
- Knead till well. Then make into balls. Cover with cloth, not to dry the dough
- 200gm mung beans soak overnite
- Drain dry n steam for 15-20 minutes
- After steaming, blend with 2tbsp oil n 150gm of sugar. Blend to paste. Let it cool down, then make into balls.
- Get a wooden mould, dust with lots of glutanious flour. Then use the skin ball, poke a hole in the center n make a well. Chuck the mung beans ball inside. Cover well. Put it into the wooden mould n press against the mould. Make sure u press the side too. Then push the side a bit to leave the mould. Knock the mould against a thick cloth onto ur working too, not to break ur mould n scratch ur table top. Oil the banana leaves. Put the ang Ku kueh on it.
- Steam at high fire for 8- 10 minutes. After steam, brush the kueh with oil.
- Mould dust with lots of pulut flour after every use.