Sausage Gravy & Biscuits Skillet
- 1 recipe cheesy keto biscuits
- 16 oz pork breakfast sausage
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a large oven safe skillet, add the butter and garlic, melt on medium heat.
- Add the sausage, crumbled... cook until done.
- Add the chicken broth and turn the heat to high. Let the chicken broth simmer down until reduced by half.
- Add the cream, salt, pepper. Mix until combined.
- Add the xanthan gum 1/4 tsp at a time and make sure to continue to whisk so that the gravy starts to thicken. Once thickened, turn the heat off.
- Prepare the biscuits recipe now. Once your biscuits batter is ready, add it by the spoonful all over the sausage gravy.
- Put the skillet in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- The biscuits will absorb a lot of the cream from the gravy.