Raw Hemp Falafel
- Renee Byrd
- ¼ cup hemp hearts, plus 1 tbsp extra
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, raw or roasted & unsalted, plus 1 tbsp extra
- 1 slice of gluten free bread, crumbled (optional if you want 100% raw, but it does help with the overall texture!)
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- handful parsley
- 30 ml fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp cumin, ground in a mortar
- pinch black pepper, ground
- sesame seeds, to garnish
- subheading: Cook's notes:
- Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20°C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55 to 60 g, unless specified.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!