Spicy Miso Ramen
- Salmon and Shiitake Marinade
- 4 to 6 ounces salmon, thinly sliced, ¾ inch thick - 3 to 4 slices per bowl. (or sub tofu, see notes)
- 4 ounces shitaake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced ( or use cremeni or button)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce ( or Liquid Amino’s, or shoyu)
- 2 teaspoons sugar or honey or maple
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 to 3 teaspoons garlic chili paste ( 1= mild, 2= med, 3 = spicy) I like spicy.
- Miso Broth
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock ( or veggie broth)- I know having both chicken broth and miso seem redundant, but the combo really adds depth.
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- ½ teaspoon hondashi granules, more to taste ( optional, but will greatly enhance the flavor and really elevate the dish, giving it a smoky depth- FYI it’s not vegan.)
- 2 baby bok choy - sliced thin, legnthwise
- 3 scallions - white part ( save the rest for garnish)
- 4 ounces fresh ramen noodles, cooked according to directions ( or two ounces dry noodles, cooked) Or sub zucchini noodles or kelp noodles or a low carb, paleo option.
- Optional Garnishes: Scallions, soft boiled egg, chili threads or flakes, Furikake or toasted sesame seeds, toasted nori sheet, chili paste, crispy shallots, sriracha
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!