Cherry Kool Aid Cheesecake
~by Josie Smythe (Instant Pot Recipe)
- 3 oz graham cracker crumbs
- 3T melted butter
- 16 oz cream cheese (room temp)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (room temp)
- 1T flour
- 2 or 3 tsp Cherry Kool Aid Drink Mix
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp sugar
- Add melted butter to graham cracker crumbs & combine.
- Press crumbs into the bottom of a greased 7" springform pan.
- Place pan in freezer while mixing batter.
- Beat cream cheese & sugar until creamy.
- Add vanilla, yogurt & flour; Mix.
- Add in Kool Aid & mix well.
- Add in eggs 1 at a time. Mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into pan & cover loosely with foil.
- Add 1 cup of water & trivet to the Instant Pot.
- Lower pan into the pot using a sling.
- Place lid on pot, set to Sealing.
- Cook on Manual/High for 32 mins;
- 10 min Natural Pressure Release.
- Remove cheesecake from pan & uncover.
- *Let cheesecake cool for 15 before adding topping*
- Mix together sour cream & sugar for topping.
- Pour topping on cheesecake & carefully spread it to cover the top.
- Let cheesecake sit at room temp for 1 hour.
- Run knife around edge of cheesecake to prevent cracking.
- Move cheesecake to fridge & chill for 6 hrs min.
- (chilling overnight is best)
- *Adjust the amount of Kool Aid to suit you taste.
- *I experimented with different drink flavors and found that:
- -Grape/Purple mix comes out looking more grey than purple.
- -Orange, Red, & Yellow colors came out the best.
- *I thought the best flavors were:
- - Kool Aid: Cherry, Orange & Strawberry.
- -Mio: Lemonade
- Tang: Orange Pineapple
- -Crystal Light: Blueberry Raspberry, Peach Bellini & Blackberry Lemonade-which came out a light green.