Sourdough Shortbread Cookies
- Unsalted butter - Be sure to use unsalted so you can better control the saltiness flavor. I also prefer to use a good grass fed butter (usually homemade if we have enough milk from our cow). Butter is the star ingredient of shortbread, so don’t skimp on quality!
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract - I like to use my homemade vanilla. Learn how to make it here.
- Sourdough discard
- Salt - sea salt is best!
- All purpose flour
- Semi-sweet chocolate (optional) - You could also use dark or milk chocolate, pending your taste preference.
- This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
- subheading: Tools you may need:
- Stand mixer
- Baking sheet
- Sharp knife or bench scraper
- Plastic wrap
- Parchment paper
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!