Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie
Servings: 8 | Serving Size: 2 cookies
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (129g) creamy, no-salt peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (125ml) maple syrup
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup (65g) whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup (155g) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (20g) protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Coat a cookie sheet with nonstick spray and reserve. In a large bowl, stir coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, egg white and vanilla. In a small bowl, mix flour, oats, protein powder and baking soda. Stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture until well combined.
- Scoop by 2-tablespoon sized portions and roll to form balls before placing on a prepared sheet pan leaving 7cm between them. Wet your palm under running water and use it to flatten the cookies to about 2cm thick.
- Bake for 6 minutes on the bottom rack, then move to the top rack for 6 minutes. The tops will be golden brown, but slightly soft when pushed in the centre. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely. Store the cookies in an airtight container or zip-top bag for up to a week or freeze for 2 months.