Instant Pot Stacked Beef Enchiladas
Recipe by: Cheryl Geramita Myers
- 1lb ground chuck (has the best flavor)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ mexican ground oregano
- 1Tbsp garlic powder
- Shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 9 red tortillas cut in half ( I just love their flavor)
- Uncle Chris’ Steak Seasoning (just my favorite for dishes like this. Just use your favorite spice blend)
- Turn your Instant Pot to Sauté.
- Once Hot add a drizzle of olive oil, then add meat, onions, garlic, all spices.
- Cook until browned and onions are translucent.
- Turn pot off. Drain meat and set aside.
- Get your spring form pan and spray with oil.
- Take the tortillas and place on the bottom of pan.
- Make two layers making sure all of the bottom is covered, just overlap tortillas as needed.
- I double layered to make sure I had enough tortilla flavor so I used 11 tortillas.
- Then add half of the meat mixture on top of the tortillas.
- Add cheese on top of the meat then add 1/3 of the can of enchilada sauce.
- Repeat for the next layer using same process.
- After the second layer is complete add another layer of tortillas and last 1/3 of the enchilada sauce.
- DO NOT ADD CHEESE. Cover loosely with foil.
- Put 2 cups water in the bottom of the pot. Then add the trivet that came with your Instant Pot.
- Make a foil sling out of foil by folding in 1” folds.
- Then lay sling flat and set the spring form pan in the center.
- Raise the foil up and fold to make a handle.
- Lift the enchiladas into the pot and set on the trivet.
- Put on lid and make sure to set to sealed position.
- Select manual meat for 10 minutes on high pressure .
- Once timer beeps do a quick release. Turn Instant Pot off.
- Then pull the spring form pan out using the sling.
- Remove foil and top with cheese and place back into pot and place lid back on.
- Let set to melt cheese for 10-15 minutes and let it set up.
- Remove and let sit a few minutes so you can slice it without it all falling apart.
- Then I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
- I did not remove the spring form pan before cutting.
- I just cut servings and place on plate.
- After finished eating I covered with the foil and put in the refrigerator over night.
- Then removed spring form pan so it all stays formed in the stacked form.
- Then either eat as leftovers the next day or freeze leftovers for another day.