Quicker Homemade Naan
- ½ cup ice water
- ⅓ cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon instant or rapid-rise yeast
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- View Nutritional Information i
- BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- This recipe worked best with a high-protein all-purpose flour such as King Arthur brand. Do not use nonfat yogurt in this recipe. A 12-inch nonstick skillet may be used in place of the cast-iron skillet. For efficiency, stretch the next ball of dough while each naan is cooking. This variation, which can be prepared in about 2 hours, forgoes the overnight rest, but the dough may be a little harder to roll out.
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!