The Famous School Cafeteria Peanut Butter Bars
- 16 TBs unsalted butter
- 1.5 C peanut butter (I used chunky because that is what we had–use what you prefer)
- 1.5 C granulated sugar
- .5 C golden brown sugar, packed
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- 1 T vanilla
- 4 eggs at room tempurature
- 2 C flour, sifted
- Melt together butter and peanut butter. Set aside to cool to room tempurature. In large bowl, sift together sugars and salt. Whisk in one egg at a time until combined. Add-in vanilla. Whisk in peanut butter mixture until combined. Sift in flour and mix until flour just disappears. Pour into prepared pan and bake until tester comes out with moist crumbs (about 35 minutes).
- 1 C confectioner’s sugar
- .25 cup peanut butter, melted
- Milk (amount depends on desired thickness of icing–start with a couple of tablespoons and go from there).
Directions at relished.wordpress.com
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!