Healthy Vegan Banana Bread (No Oil)
- 3 very ripe bananas (the riper, the better)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed (same as flax meal)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put bananas into a mixing bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher until fairly smooth
- Add the maple syrup, apple sauce, and vanilla extract to the bananas and mix well.
- Add the flour, ground flax seed, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir well until all ingredients are thoroughly combined and make the batter. But, be careful not to over mix.
- Pour ingredients into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. You can also use a silicone loaf pan or nonstick standard sized loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Depending on your oven, it could take a few minutes longer. Use a tester or butter knife to insert into the middle to check if the bread is done. You want it to come out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes then remove from pan and let completely cool.
- recommended by a listener on 7cups