Semi's Sloppy Joe Sauce
grown up sloppy joes!
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 1 ½ pounds ground chicken, turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, diced *** See Notes
- 1 small to medium green bell pepper, diced *** See Notes
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic or from a jar ***See Notes
- 1 8 ounce can tomato puree or sauce (sauce will make it a bit thinner)
- ¼ to ½ cup KC Masterpiece barbecue sauce or your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard (I used stone ground)
- 1/8 cup ketchup
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 2-4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sriracha (optional)
- 1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion and bell pepper. Cook stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and ground meat and sauté until meat is just done.
- 2. When meat is done add the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until heated through and vinegar is cooked down, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- ***Notes: I like to mince the veggies up in a mini prep or food processor so that they are a bit smaller. But what ever size you like is best.
- (For a Sloppier Joe, use tomato sauce in place of the puree)