Paprika and cayenne pulled pork butt with roasted asparagus
- 2 lbs pork butt
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2-½ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 1 bunch of asparagus appears
- 2-½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Rub the pork butt with cayenne pepper, paprika, pepper and mustard then marinade for at least 2 hours or more. Store in fridge to keep it fresh.
- After 2 hours, remove the pork butt from fridge and thaw at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Once the oven is ready, place the marinated pork on the prepared baking tray and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake the pork butt until tender then Remove from the oven. Let it rest for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, cut and trim the asparagus then toss with extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic and lemon juice.
- Bake the asparagus until tender.
- Once it's done, remove the asparagus from oven and let it rest.
- Slowly unwrap the pork butt then using a fork shred the cooked pork
- Place the pulled pork on a serving dish then serve with roasted asparagus.
- Serve and enjoy!