Mock Artichoke Bruschetta (Zucchini Relish)
Based off of Joy of Pickling Zucchini Relish recipe
Servings: 6 half-pints
- 4 c. Zucchini, shredded
- 1.5 c. Onion, shredded
- 1.5 c. Bell peppers, shredded
- 1.5 Tbs. Pickling salt
- 2 Tbs. Sugar
- 3/4 c. Red wine vinegar
- 1c. White vinegar
- 4 oz jar Capers, drained (opt)
- 1/4 c Kalamata olives, drained and sliced (opt)
- Mix salt into vegetables and let stand for about 1-2 hours.
- Drain, rinse, and drain again.
- Combine the drained vegetables, capers, olives, vinegars, and sugar and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Can in half-pint jars (1/2" headspace) for 10 mins.
- If you love vinegar, eat it plain. Otherwise, at serving time, drain the brine, add 1/4 tsp. baking soda and 2 tsp. olive oil, and use as bruschetta or pizza topping.
- Safe adaptation (omitted spices, reduced sugar, added capers and olives) from Joy of Pickling.