Giddy-Up Energy Bites
Run Fast Eat Slow
- 12 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup dried unsweetened cherries
- 1 cup raw chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup unsalted almond butter
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp finely ground coffee beans
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened dried coconut, toasted
- In food processor, combine dates, cherries, walnuts, almond butter, cocoa powder, coffee, and salt. Pulse a few times to chop and then process high speed for 1-2 minutes, stopping once or twice to scrape down sides. Process until begin to clump together.
- Empty into medium bowl. Use hands to shape 24 walnut sized balls. Roll each ball in coconut. Store in airtight container for 1 month or freeze for 6 months.
- To toast coconut: preheat oven 350 degrees. Bake until golden 4-5 minutes, stirring halfway through.