This soul bread recipe is the best I ever had! I tweaked it which for me made the bread light, fluffy, not eggy, and it's soooo silky like melts in your mouth!! The difference...I replaced 2 of the eggs with egg whites (1/2 C egg whites from a carton). It did deflate so I may have over mixed or maybe should keep it in longer, but either way this is perfect!
- 1 ½ cup full-fat cream cheese, room temperature (360 g/ 12.7 oz)
- ¼ cup butter or ghee, melted (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp glucomannan powder
- ½ tsp salt (I like pink Himalayan salt)
- 1 ⅔ cups unflavoured whey protein or egg white protein powder (166 g/ 5.9 oz) - see note below
- Optional: 3-5 drops liquid Stevia
- * Note: Not all whey protein products will work. The creators of the original Soul Bread recommend Isopure Whey Protein Isolate or Hoosier Hill Farm Whey Protein Powder Isolate. I live in the UK so I used unflavoured whey protein from Pulsin which worked well.
- Discover foods, kitchen tools and other products I use and love! Find out more
Sign up to create your own recipe box. Copy any recipe from any website with a click. You'll then have the complete recipe in your recipe box.