This soul bread recipe is the best I ever had! I tweaked it which for me made the bread light, fluffy, not eggy, and it's soooo silky like melts in your mouth!! The difference...I replaced 2 of the eggs with egg whites (1/2 C egg whites from a carton). It did deflate so I may have over mixed or maybe should keep it in longer, but either way this is perfect!
- 1 ½ cup full-fat cream cheese, room temperature (360 g/ 12.7 oz)
- ¼ cup butter or ghee, melted (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp glucomannan powder
- ½ tsp salt (I like pink Himalayan salt)
- 1 ⅔ cups unflavoured whey protein or egg white protein powder (166 g/ 5.9 oz) - see note below
- Optional: 3-5 drops liquid Stevia
- * Note: Not all whey protein products will work. The creators of the original Soul Bread recommend Isopure Whey Protein Isolate or Hoosier Hill Farm Whey Protein Powder Isolate. I live in the UK so I used unflavoured whey protein from Pulsin which worked well.
- Discover foods, kitchen tools and other products I use and love! Find out more
Never lose a recipe again, not even if the original website goes away! Use the Copy Me That button to create your own complete copy of any recipe that you find online. Learn more! It's free!