Honey Balsamic Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables
Servings: 4 to 6
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken breasts (4)
- 1½ pounds baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- HALF RECIPE Serves 2 to 3
- 1/8 Cup balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (I suggest using ground)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound chicken breasts (2)
- 3/4 pound baby red potatoes, quartered
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- In a medium bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, a tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Stir well to mix.
- Place the chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the top. Seal and toss the chicken to evenly coat. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- While the chicken marinates, place the potatoes and cherry tomatoes on a sheet pan. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and stir to coat. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and toss the green beans with the potatoes and tomatoes.
- Remove the marinated chicken breasts from the plastic bag, reserving the remaining marinade in the bag. Place the marinated chicken, evenly spaced, on top of the vegetables. Pour the marinade from the bag over the top of the chicken and vegetables.
- Return the sheet pan to the oven. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, periodically basting the chicken breasts with the pan juices, until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius).
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Spoon the pan juices over the top of each chicken breast before serving.
- Make sure to add this recipe to your pc folder.
- link to original recipe