by Lynn Swiniarski
Servings: 12 (in 4 oz jars)
- 1 1/4c Savoiardi crisp-style lady fingers, crushed
- 4 Tbl room temperature butter, melted
- 2 Tbl sugar
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 16 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 Tbl prepared espresso (or very strong coffee)
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 cup sugar (can use brown sugar here, if preferred)
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbl flour (opt)
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbl sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 6 additional Savoiardi style Lady Fingers, halved crosswise
- 1/2 cup prepared espresso
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbl sugar
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Chocolate covered espresso beans
- Blend all crust ingredients together in food processor until finely ground. Divide into bottoms of 12 – 4oz wide mouth mason jars. Tamp down to make even layer. Store in freezer while preparing filling.
- In food processor, combine filling ingredients except for eggs. After ingredients are smooth, mix in egg by hand. Mix barely enough to combine. A few yellow streaks are ok. Mix in the sour cream/yogurt.
- Scoop ½ of the mixture into the bottoms of the jars (about 2 Tbl per jar). Top each layer with ½ lady finger that has been quickly dipped in reserved prepared espresso. Press the lady finger into the filling a bit. Top each jar with remaining filling.
- Cover each jar with a piece of paper towel and foil.
- Add 2c water into the bottom of the IP. Place 6 jars on the trivet. You can cook these in two batches or add another trivet and the additional 6 jars.
- Manual pressure for 4 minutes, 10 minute NPR.
- Remove the jars and take off foil/paper towel.
- Blend together topping ingredients. Divide over hot cheesecakes.
- Let cool on counter 1 hr. Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 4 hrs.
- Before serving, dust top with sprinkling of cocoa powder (through fine sieve) and 1 chocolate covered espresso bean.