- 1 & 1/2 to 2 lb Pork Roast
- Mesquite Barbecue Rub, A1 Brand makes a good one (or your favorite barbecue rub)
- 1 to 2 Cups Unsalted Chicken Broth or Stock
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion - Cut in half and then sliced to make thin strips
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Barbecue Sauce - for Topping
- Buns, Rolls, Bread - your choice
- Dry rub the pork roast with the barbecue rub, then toss it in your crockpot and add about 1 inch of broth. Slow cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Shred with two forks and it's done!
- Melt the butter in a saute pan over medium-high heat and add the onions. Stir often, sauteing until the onions are caramelized.
- Serve the pork topped with the caramelized onions and a generous drizzle of barbecue sauce.