Grilled Greek Chicken Tostadas
From Skinny Taste Cookbook
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (3 oz each)
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 t dried oregano
- ½ t garlic powder
- ¼ t plus ⅛ t kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- ¼ c chopped red onion
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- ¾ c seeded, chopped cucumber
- ¼ c (about 11) pitted, sliced Kalamata olives
- 2 t finely chopped fresh oregano
- Cooking spray or oil mister
- 4 corn tostada shells
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled, for serving
- Season the chicken with half of the lemon juice, the dried oregano, garlic powder, 1/4 t of the salt, and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining lemon juice, the olive oil, remaining ⅛ t salt, and pepper to taste. Add the red onion, tomato, cucumber, olives, and fresh oregano and toss well.
- Preheat a grill to medium (or preheat a grill pan over medium heat). Lightly rub the grates with oil (or coat the grill pan with cooking spray). Grill the chicken until a thermometer registers 165° F, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Cut into ½-inch pieces.
- To serve, divide the chicken equally among the tostadas. Top each with ⅓ cup of the salad and 1 oz of feta. Serve immediately.