Shirley's Instant Pot Bone-in Chicken Breasts
This is my stovetop recipe that I've converted for the Instant Pot. Very simple and delicious.
Servings: 4 to ?
- 2+ bone-in chicken breasts, 2.3 lb. +
- 2 cups broth or water (for the chicken divan with noodles recipe, use 4 cups water)
- Seasonings desired (thyme, basil, sage, etc.)
- Extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep chicken breasts with whatever seasoning and oil you wish.
- Press the Saute button on the IP, and when hot, add a little oil.
- Then sear the chicken on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add 1+ cup of liquid (broth, water), and deglaze the pot.
- Place trivet in pot (one with handles!) and add the chicken to the trivet. Add remaining water.
- Close lid. Set to Manual (high pressure) for 10-12 minutes (6 min per lb), then 10 minutes Natural Release.
- May 21, 2018: Heidi found for 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts — 1 Cup water, 6 minutes manual, 5 minutes NPR.
- Inspired by several posts on FB: www.facebook.com/groups/InstantPotCommunity/permalink/186...