Anova Sous Vide Egg Bites: Paleo Broccoli, Caramelized Onion, and Red Pepper
It is rather infrequent to encounter a composed egg dish without dairy added, but I wanted to do just that as well as incorporate some of my favorite vegetables. This recipe brings superfood broccolito the forefront alongside sweet caramelized onions and roasted peppers. So good
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon + pinch salt
- 1 cup broccoli florets torn up into tiny pieces
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons water 2 Tablespoons finely chopped red pepper
- Extra equipment: 64oz/125ml canning jars with 2-partlids
- Set the Anova Precision Cooker to 172°F/77.8°C.
- Combine eggs and 4 teaspoon salt in a blender and blend at medium-high speed until homogeneous and Creamy in color.
- In a small frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat until it runs freely around the pan. Add the broccoli, onions, garlic powder, and pinch salt and stir vegetables to coat. Lower heat to medium and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of water to the pan and stir, allowing broccoli to steam through. This will take about 1 minute to evaporate.
- Turn off heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Divide egg mixture evenly between the 6jars. Do the same with the cooled broccoli mixture and roasted red peppers. Stir with a butter knife to incorporate throughout.
- Attach lids and screw on to fingertip tightness. They should not be "too"tight or else air pressure that builds up inside will not be able to release and jars will shatter in the bath.
- Submerge in the water bath and set timer for 1 hour.
- Remove from bath and enjoy straight from the cup or run a butter knife around the edge, pressing inwards gently to release the base. Invert jar onto a heat-safe surface and either use a blowtorch to color or place under broiler for a few minutes.