Baked chicken with bacon bottom & wild rice
- 12 oz package thick cut peppered bacon
- ½ White onion, thinly slice
- 6 tbsp salted butter
- 3, 6.2 oz boxes uncle Ben’s long grain and wild rice fast cook, cooked according to the package directions
- 10.5 oz can condensed cream of mushroom
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Store bought chicken broth
- 1 ts garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ½ pounds chicken tenders
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Lay the bacon slices side-by-side to cover the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan. Use any remaining slices along side the pan. Place the onion slices on top of the bacon, overlapping them as necessary to cover the bottom. Cut 4 tablespoons of the butter into cubes and evenly sprinkle them on top of the onions.
- In a large bowl, combine the wild rice blend, soup, sour cream, broth, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until combined. Spoon the rice over the butter cubes and smooth the mixture out. Nestle the chicken tenders into the rice, pressing them down slightly. Not the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and brush it on the chicken. Season with a few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake for 55 minutes. Uncover and bake until the chicken is cooked thoroughly, about 20 minutes.
- Place extra pan under casserole to catch bacon drippings.